Saturday, May 21, 2011

Still Experimenting With Blog...



These ink drawings/watercolor paintings are by third - fifth grade students in the Milton Public Saturday Program, where I taught this winter. I bought small, plastic animals for the students to draw from observation. There was a catch, they had to draw with sticks by dipping them into ink. Sticks! They cried out in protest, but being the tough art teacher that I am, I made them do it anyway. After the drawings dried a bit, and I do mean just a bit, the students then used watercolors with brushes to create the background, or surround, as one of my painting teachers used to say because she hated the word background. I sort of agree with her. At the end of the 6 week program I asked the students to vote on their favorite project, expecting this one to be one of the least favorite, but much to my surprise and pleasure it placed 3 out of 6. Not too shabby for a bunch of sticks I collected walking my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment