Saturday, May 21, 2011

New blog

From the Collection of Maureen McCarty

I have never had a blog before, but here goes nothing. I must admit that I don't read too many blogs because I find most of them annoying rather than helpful or informative. But, now that will all change, as I am now a blogger myself. Why blog about art? Well, as an art teacher it is nice to let the families of your students know what is going on in your classroom. When I start teaching in September I will blog about each unit for each grade. Posts will include photos of students making art, photos of finished artwork, as well as quotes by students about the process, and what they learned. Pretty cool, huh? Until September I will be posting images of artwork that my students past have made - a sort of virtual teaching portfolio. Look for more to come...

1 comment: